- 1 kg plums
- 50ml water
- 2 tablespoons of rosemary
- 500g sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- Wash and stone the plums
- Cut them into pieces and put them in a saucepan.
- Add the juice of the lemon
- Add the rosemary
- Cook for 20 minutes on a gentle heat
- Add the sugar and stir until it is dissolved
- Cook again for 20 minutes on a low heat.
- Pour the jam into warm sterilised jars and close them with a lid
- Invert the jars until completely cooledBest stored in a cool, dark place
What is simple plum jam good for?
Simple plum jam is delicious with a variety of dishes and can be used in different ways. Some ways in which simple plum jam can be delicious:
1. On a slice of fresh bread or toast for breakfast or as a snack.
2. As a filling for cakes, pastries or in muffins.
3. As a topping over pancakes or waffles.
4. As a side dish with cheese boards or charcuterie.
5. As an addition to yoghurt, cottage cheese or over ice cream.
6. As a seasoning in sauces or marinades for meat dishes such as pork.
7. As an ingredient in desserts such as crumbles, cakes or puddings.
In short, simple plum jam can be enjoyed in many different ways, depending on personal taste and preferences.