Making shortbread with jam
Making shortbread with jam is not difficult at all.
Here, we are happy to share a delicious recipe for authentic shortbread with a unique twist: strawberry-lavender jam. The perfect combination of local Southern French products that will delight your taste buds.
Shortbread biscuits have long been loved by foodies from all over the world. Their crumbly texture and delicate sweetness make them a perfect companion for a cup of coffee or tea. With our artisanal strawberry-lavender jam, we add an unexpected flavour explosion to this classic treat.
Bonjour la douce France is all about promoting local southern French products and with this recipe, you have the chance to bring these flavours straight to your own kitchen. Enjoy the delicious taste of the south and indulge in this unique treat!
- 250g flour
- "Strawberry-lavender jam (or other jam of your choice)"
- 1 egg
- 80g sugar
- 200g soft butter
- 5g baking powder
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar (optional)
- Cut the butter into small pieces.
- mix the flour and baking powder.
- add the sugar and softened butter.
- Knead until you obtain a 'sand-like' mass.
- Add the egg and knead until the egg is fully incorporated into the dough.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough.
- Cut out shapes with a small mould and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. For a nice effect, make a small hole in half of the shapes to reveal the jam.
- Bake for 10-15 min in preheated 180° oven.
- Leave to cool.
- Put a spoonful of jam on the biscuit and cover with another biscuit that has a hole in it.
- Bon appétit !!!