Recipe marinated eggs, no waste cooking! Chickens and eggs... But sometimes it happens that there are just too many eggs. Of course, it is nice to give them to family and friends. But this recipe is also fun. Then you still have eggs for the winter, for example, when the chickens don't lay as many.
What you need to marinate the eggs?
1 litre white vinegar
- 20 eggs
- 1 litre of water
2 tablespoons coarse salt.
2 dried lemon rind for a little freshness
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons peppercorns
1 sweet onion or 2 shallots
Preparation from Recipe marinated eggs, zéro-gaspi! :
- Boil the eggs hard, peel them and put them in a jar to sterilise.
- Cut the onion or shallots into slices and add them to the eggs.
- Add the herbs, the dried lemon peel and the pepper.
- Put a pan on the stove and add the water, vinegar, coarse salt and sugar. Let it boil and stir regularly until the salt and sugar have completely dissolved.
- Add the liquid to the eggs up to 2 cm from the edge.
- Close the jar and sterilise for 1 hour.
- Allow the eggs to marinate for one week before use. Once opened, the eggs keep well in the fridge.