Making pâté from chicken liver
Making pâté from chicken liver is really not difficult.
Discover the delectable taste of this homemade pâté with port, prepared with fresh chicken livers. This delicious preparation is perfect for impressing your guests during a festive occasion or for simply treating yourself....
The soft and creamy texture of the chicken liver is infused with the rich and full flavour of the port, making every bite a true taste sensation.
This spread is versatile and can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Serve it as an appetiser on a crusty piece of baguette, or add it to your favourite sandwiches for an extra savoury flavour.
- 350g g chicken livers
- 10 cl red port
- 130 g soft butter
- 2 small onions
- pepper and salt as desired
- "1 tablespoon Provencal herbs"
- Put the chicken liver, port and Provençal herbs in a bowl and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Chop the onions and fry until glazy.
- Drain the livers and collect the marinade.
- Add the livers to the onion and fry for about 5 minutes. The livers should still be slightly pinkish on the inside.
- Put the mixture in the blender.
- Deglaze the saucepan with the marinade. Cook for about 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Put the marinade and softened butter in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours.