Vegetarian recipe with butternut and dead trumpet
This vegetarian recipe with butternut and dead trumpet is quite original. One of the many dishes with butternut is a tasty classic soup. But for this recipe, we have added dried dead trumpets and hazelnuts.
The advantage of dried dead trumpets is that you can eat them all year round. And that you can incorporate the moisture you use to hydrate them into the dish. Which accentuates the flavour of the mushrooms.
This soup can be prepared as a meal soup. Thanks to the high nutritional value of death trumpets and hazel or almond nuts.
How to prepare the vegetarian recipe with butternut and dead trumpet?
- Hydrate the death trumpets in lukewarm water for 30 minutes.
- Peel and pumpkin, remove seeds and dice.
- Peel the onions and cut them into small pieces.
- Add water and boil the vegetables and blend.
- Strain the water from the mushrooms to remove impurities.
- Add the mushroom water, trumpets of death and salt and pepper and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Toast and crush the nuts and add them to the soup.
- Serve with crusts and a little cream, if desired.
Also see Alexis & Andy's Fleur de sel & cèpes 30g!