Candle the lemon with salt.
Candied lemons are delicious with fish, poultry and in vegetarian dishes and even in desserts. If you use lemon slices, make sure that the remaining slices are always covered with olive oil. They will turn mouldy if they come into contact with the air. Best used within 4 months. Do not throw away the oil but use it for salad dressings or other recipes.
Recipe from the book: Cooking with salt (Karine Bonnaves-Aguillaume)
- Cut the lemons into thick slices
- Arrange them in layers in a bowl and put coarse salt between each layer.
- Place in the refrigerator for 24 hours
- Rinse the slices, drain and dry them
- Put the slices in a sterilised jar
- Add good quality olive oil so that the slices are completely submerged
- Put in the fridge for 4 days before use.