4 fourth cake
4 fourth cake
I regularly make a simple 4 fourths cake that is nice, soft and yellow. But sometimes it's fun to get creative with this recipe. This classic cake is called four fourths cake because you use the same amount of the four ingredients needed.
To this basic recipe, I added cocoa and almonds with honey this time. And the result was successful!!! Surprisingly delicious and beautiful to the eye.
Before starting, weigh the eggs. Usually you need 4 or 5 eggs. And then take the same weight for the butter, sugar and flour!
The baking time obviously depends on how much dough you have. So always do the prick test before taking it out of the oven.
5 eggs = 250g
250g soft butter
2 to 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder (preferably without sugar)
Method 4 fourth cake:
You make the four-four pastry as follows:
- Beat the sugar together with the butter to a nice white cream.
- Now add the eggs 1 by 1.
- Finally, add the flour.
- Put half the dough in another bowl
- Add the cocoa powder and mix until homogeneous.
- Fill the baking tin with half of the 'yellow' dough and spread so that the bottom of the tin is covered.
- Add the dough with the cocoa powder and smooth out.
- Finally, add the 'yellow' dough that remains.
- Bake the cake until done in a preheated 180°C oven in about 45 minutes. Always do the prick test.
- After baking, remove the cake from the mould and let it cool on a cake rack.
- Once cooled, cut the cake in two at the level of the brown layer.
- Spread the almonds with honey on one side and put the other half back on.
Bon appétit !!!
There are no reviews yet.